Anderson is a town in Lauderdale County, Alabama, United States. It is part of the Florence - Muscle Shoals Metropolitan Statistical Area known as "The Shoals". As of the 2000 census, the population of the town is 354. According to the 2010 U.S. Census, the town had a population of 282.
The town is situated along Anderson Creek, which empties into the Elk Rivernear the Lauderdale-Limestone county border. Both the town and creek were named for Samuel Anderson, who built a gristmill along the creek in the early 19th century. The town was first settled around 1825 and was named Andersons Creek for the afore mentioned creek. The name was shortened to Anderson, and a post office was established in 1860. Anderson incorporated as a town in 1973.
Anderson is located at(34.920029, -87.270358).
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 1.3 square miles (3.4 km2), all of it land.
Anderson is situated near Anderson Creek, which is loosely paralleled by Alabama State Route 207.
Anderson is home to Anderson Junior High School which is part of the Lauderdale County School System. The school's mascot is the Rebel.
Anderson has a two-acre park with a walking trail, pavilion, and play ground. It is located just north of the town.
Anderson hosts Anderson Creek Golf Club an 18 hole course designed by James Bullard & Bob Ingrum and built in 1992.