Cusseta is a city in Chambers County, Alabama, United States. Situated between Opelika and Lanett, it was named for the ancient Creek Indian town of Cusseta. As of the 2010 census, its population was 123.
The community was believed to be unincorporated until 2006, when rediscovered documents indicated that Cusseta had been incorporated as a city in 1853. As the community diminished in size over the years, its status was forgotten.
In April, 2007, a petition by a majority of the citizens of Cusseta was granted by the Probate Judge of Chambers County, Alabama, re-instating Cusseta's status as an incorporated city. The judge named a mayor and five council members to the first City Council, for two-year terms. That council met for the first time on April 30, 2007, in an old one-room schoolhouse located under the oak tree at the center of Cusseta. The city limits extend in a one-mile radius from the railroad crossroads beside the schoolhouse.