Aynor is a small town in Horry County, South Carolina, United States, south of Galivants Ferry and 29.3 miles (47.2 km) by road northwest of Myrtle Beach. The population was 647 in September 2011. According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 1.1 square miles (2.8 km2), all of it land. It contains Aynor High School.
|Aynor, South Carolina|
|Nickname(s): A-Town, Little Golden Town|
Location of Aynor in
Aynor began as the Eyknor's Farm in the mid 19th century under Jacob Eyknor. A railway terminus was added along the railroad from Conway and it became incorporated in 1913 with elections for a mayor & town wardens. Gabriel Edwards (1849-1938) was elected the first mayor in 1913 & again in 1923 for a second term. The town developed as a centre for tobacco and cotton production.
The town is run by a Mayor-council government system.
John Gardner, Chris Shelley, Tony Godsey Sr., Stan Woodle
Town Clerk- Margaret Duvall