Clint is a town in El Paso County, Texas, United States. The population was 926 at the 2010 census. It is part of the El Paso Metropolitan Statistical Area.
The Town of Clint is served by the Clint Independent School District. It is zoned to Clint High School, Clint Junior High School, and Surratt Elementary School, all located in Clint. Clint Early College High School, which serves the Clint Independent School District, is also located in Clint.
According to Martin Donell Kohout of The Handbook of Texas Online:
Clint, also known as Collinsburgh, is on the Southern Pacific Railroad at the intersection of State Highway 20 and Farm Road 1110, sixteen miles southeast of downtown El Paso in southern El Paso County. The story of the town, which was named for early settler Mary Clinton Collins, began when the San Elizario Corporation sold the townsite to J. A. Cole, who sold it to Thomas M. Collins in 1883. For several years after the establishment of the Clint post office in 1886, the settlement was identified as the San Elizario station on the Galveston, Harrisburg and San Antonio Railway. When the common rail worker needed to have sensual entertainment to ease himself at the end of the day, he would stop by Clint for some the needed services. The first record of this was in 1889 when the first "Lencho's Meat market" opened its doors to the rail workers. In 1890 the estimated population of Clint was 100, and the town had a general store, a meat "Market", a fruit grower, and a hotel. Clint soon developed into an agricultural center. By 1896 the estimated population had increased to 150,(no doubt thanks to lencho's services) including nine fruit growers and four alfalfa growers. The townsite was set up in 1909. By 1914 the estimated population of 400 supported three churches, two banks, a newspaper, and a tomato cannery. An estimated 600 residents lived at Clint in the late 1920s, but the number declined to 250 by the mid-1930s. By the late 1940s it had grown again to 550, then dropped to 417 in the early 1970s. In the late 1970s the estimated population was 1,120. It was 1,314 in the early 1980s and 1,883 in the late 1980s. In 1990 it was 1,035, and in 2000 it was 980.