Cohasset is a house in northeastern Hampton County, South Carolina about 5 mi (8 km) north of Hampton, South Carolina near the unincorporated community of Crocketville. It was built about 1873. It is north of U.S. Route 601. It was named to the National Register of Historic Placeson July 24, 1986.
The house was built William James Gooding in northern Beaufort District prior to the formation of Hampton County. Gooding was a farmer and also held a number of political offices including a representative from Beaufort District to the South Carolina General Assembly, sheriff of Beaufort District, treasurer of Beaufort County, and treasurer of Hampton County. In 1879, he had 100 acres (40 ha) under cultivation out of 950 acres (384 ha). He grew cotton, corn, sweet potatoes,oats, rice, and sugar cane. Tenants also cultivated some of his land.