Danevang is an Unincorporated community in southern Wharton County, in the U.S. state of Texas. The rural community is located south of El Campo on State Highway 71 (SH 71). The town was founded in the 1890s mostly by Danes who migrated from the American Midwest. After a period of prosperity people began moving away in the 1920s. The community's church was still open in 2013.
Danevang was established by Danish settlers in 1895.
The Danevang Lutheran Church is on CR 426.
Danevang Lutheran Cemetery (Est. 1895) is on CR 426.
Historic community hall (Forsamlingshus) is next to the church.