DeBerry (or De Berry) is an unincorporated community in Panola County, Texas, United States. According to the Handbook of Texas, the community had an estimated population of 191 in 2000.
Known as Evergreen prior to the Civil War, the community's name was changed to DeBerry, after local citizen and legislator Alfred Wesley De Berry. A post office was established in 1874 and by 1885, 150 people lived in the community. The population doubled to 300 in the early 1890s before declining in the 1910s. The discovery of oil in the area during the 1920s led to another population boom. By 1929, approximately 250 residents lived in DeBerry. Seven years later. That figure had dipped to 233. Throughout the latter half of the twentieth century, the population remained stable at around 200. The community had thirty rated businesses in 2000. Despite its unincorporated status, DeBerry's post office (zip code: 75639) remains operational.
Public education in the community of DeBerry is provided by the Elysian Fields Independent School District, which is based in the nearby community of Elysian Fields. The district serves southeastern Harrison County and northeastern Panola County.