Wyoming is a town in Kent County, Delaware, United States. It was named after the Wyoming Valley inPennsylvania. It is part of the Dover, Delaware Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 1,313 at the 2010 census
Location in Kent County and the state of Delaware.
The community started when the nearby town of Camden, Delaware would not grant access to the Pennsylvania Railroad, which bypassed the town and built a railroad station one mile west of the center of town and named the area West Camden. In 1865, minister John J. Pierce moved to West Camden from the Wyoming Valley and laid out plots for new housing. Several individuals from the Wyoming Valley moved to the new community and it was decided to rename the community. The community, "Desiring to sever any shared identity or connection with Camden, residents chose to honor the new citizens by changing the name of the community to Wyoming." A post office was erected in 1866 and the community was incorporated into a town in 1869.
Wyoming is located at (39.117950, -75.557867).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.7 square miles (1.8 km2), of which, 0.7 square miles (1.8 km2) of it is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) of it (2.90%) is water.
The "Wyoming Peach Festival" occurs every August. It offers pageants, homemade peach ice cream and tours of Fifer Orchards, which is the largest peach and apple producer in the state of Delaware.