D'Hanis is a census-designated place in central Medina County, Texas, United States. The population was 548, as of 2000. It is part of the San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area.
D'Hanis is located at the intersections of U.S. Route 90, Farm to Market Road 1796 and Farm to Market Road 2200 onSeco Creek. The community is sometimes called New D'Hanis to distinguish it from the site of old D'Hanis one mile to the east.
D'Hanis is named for Count von D'Hanis, who founded the town about 1845
The few remaining walls of St. Dominic's Church and Cemetery, now part of theghost town of Old D'Hanis, are situated south of Highway 90. The ruins of Fort Lincoln, another historical attraction, can be found north of town along FM 1796.
Likely the town's most active time of year, hunting season brings visitors flocking to D'Hanis from all over the state.