Flomot is an unincorporated community in Motley County, Texas, United States. According to the Handbook of Texas, the community had an estimated population of 181 in 2000.
The name is a portmanteau of two counties, Floyd and Motley, as the original post office – built in 1902 – was located on the county line. By that time, a school and store had already been established at the site. In 1915, the post office was moved to the residence of W.R. Welch. By the mid-1930s, Flomot had two cotton gins, two grocery stores, several restaurants, and a service station. The population peaked at around 200 in 1940. Thereafter, the community began losing businesses and residents to larger cities. The number of inhabitants had declined to 181 by 1980 and remained at that level through 2000.
Although it is unincorporated, Flomot has a post office, with the ZIP code of 79234.
Public education in the community of Flomot is provided by the Motley County Independent School District.