|Village of Palm Springs|
Location of Palm Springs, Florida
Palm Springs is located at Palm Beach County. The village is situated adjacent to Greenacres, Lake Clarke Shores, Lake Worth, and West Palm Beach. According to the United States Census Bureau, Palm Springs has a total area of 3.5 square miles (9.1 km2). 1.6 square miles (4.1 km2) of it is land and 0.1 square miles (0.26 km2) of it (3.01%) is water. (26.6359, -080.0936) in east-central
In 1957, Florida House of Representatives Ralph Blank, Jr. of Palm Beach County introduced legislation to establish the village of Palm Springs. The bill passed unanimously, and thus, Palm Springs was chartered on July 4, 1957. At the time, the village consisted of only a 700 acres (2.8 km2) dairy farm and the barn, which is now Christ Community Church, located on Henthorne Drive. By August of the following year, 800 homes had been constructed. Earlier in 1958, construct began on the village hall and was dedicated in February 1960. Upon completion, Village Hall had nearly 8,000 square feet, which provided offices for the village clerk, building official, tax assessor, tax collector, and space for fire and police departments, as well as a meeting room, which seated about 100 people. According to the 1960 Census, the population of Palm Springs was 2,503.
By 1997, the village of Palm Springs spanned 1.6 square miles (4.1 km2) and had over 10,000 residents.
As of 2006, the population of Palm Springs is approximately 13,890. Half of the residents live in single-family houses, the rest live in condominiums, townhouses, and apartments. Palm Springs is primarily residential in nature.
According to Palm Beach County, future annexation by the Village will include all areas west to Military Trail from the present boundaries, between Lake Worth Road and north of Forest Hill Boulevard; and all areas east of the present boundaries to Florida Mango Road. This future annexation may increase the Village's population by another 10,000 residents.