Fluvanna is located in Scurry County, just south of the Llano Estacado high atop the caprock in West Texas, where Farm-to-Market Road 1269 and Ranch Road 612 intersect.
Fluvanna is named for a surveyor's home county — Fluvanna County, Virginia.Fluvanna was established by realty promoters who knew that theRoscoe, Snyder and Pacific Railway would terminate at this site.Fluvanna's importance lessened when the Roscoe, Snyder and Pacific closed the Fluvanna station in 1941 and major highways bypassed the area. The population dropped from a high of 500 in 1915 to 180 in the2000 Census. In recent years, all businesses except the post office have closed in downtown Fluvanna.
Brazos Wind Farm, Fluvanna, Texas