Franklin is a village in Heard County, Georgia, United States. The population was 902 at the 2000 census. The village is the county seat of Heard County. The village is named afterBenjamin Franklin
The old Heard County gas station was built in 1938 and features a vintage, hand-painted Coca-Colaadvertisement.
Location in Heard County and the state of Georgia
Franklin is located at .
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 3.4 square miles (8.8 km2), of which, 3.2 square miles (8.3 km2) of it is land and 0.1 square miles (0.26 km2) of it (4.13%) is water.
The Heard County School District holds grades pre-school to grade twelve, that consists of three elementary schools, a middle school, and a high school. The district has 132 full-time teachers and over 2,278 students.