Location in Gwinnett County and the state of Georgia
Grayson is located at United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 1.8 square miles (4.7 km2), all of it land. Grayson suffered a damaging tornado on June 27, 1994, killing a 10-year-old girl. The city has been benefitting from exurban growth in eastern Gwinnett County, especially in the late 1990s and through the 2000s. (33.893306, -83.955420). According to the
The city of Grayson was first called Trip. In 1901, John Ellery Jacobs, the postmaster and civic leader, wrote to the post office department requesting that Trip, Georgia be changed to Berkley, Georgia. On December 6, 1901, the General Assembly of Georgia approved an act to incorporate the town and change the name. Shortly after, Ellery Jacobs was notified that there was already a Berkley, Georgia. He then suggested Graymount (because there was a clear view of Stone Mountain), but it was also taken. He then suggested the name of Grayson, Georgia.
The county operates Gwinnett County Public Schools.
Gwinnett County Public Library operates the Grayson Branch in Grayson