Lincolnton is a city in and the county seat of Lincoln County, Georgia, United States. The population was 1,566 at the 2010 census. It is the location for the historical site, Elijah Clark State Park, and contains numerous houses and historic districts listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Both the city and the county were named for General Benjamin Lincoln, who served in the Continental Army during the American Revolution.
Location in Lincoln County and the state of Georgia
Lincolnton was founded in 1798 as seat of the newly formed Lincoln County. It was incorporated as a town in 1817 and as a city in 1953
Lincolnton is located at (33.794414, -82.476450).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 3.2 square miles (8.3 km2), all land.
The Lincoln County School District holds grades pre-school to grade twelve, that consists of one elementary school, a middle school, and a high school. The district has 98 full-time teachers and over 1,450 students.