Pearson City Hall and Police Department
|Motto: Visit for a day, or stay for a lifetime|
Location in Atkinson County and the state of Georgia
Pearson was founded in 1875 as a depot on the Brunswick and Western Railroad. It was incorporated as a town in 1890 and in 1916 as a city. The community was named after Benajah Pearson, a veteran of the Second Seminole War.
Pearson is located at (31.298368, -82.852827).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 3.4 square miles (8.7 km2), of which 0.0077 square miles (0.02 km2), or 0.28%, is water
Atkinson County students in K-12 grades are in the Atkinson County School District, which consists of a two elementary schools (each includes a pre-school program) and a high school. The district has 102 full-time teachers and over 1,648 students.