Warrenton is a city in Warren County, Georgia, United States. The population was 2,013 at the 2000 census. The city is the county seat of Warren County.
Location in Warren County and the state of Georgia
Warrenton was founded in 1797 as seat of Warren County (est. 1793). It was incorporated as a town in 1810 and as a city in 1908. The community was named for American Revolutionary War general Joseph Warren.
Warrenton is located at (33.407596, -82.662914).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 1.9 square miles (4.9 km2), of which, 1.9 square miles (4.9 km2) of it is land and 0.52% is water.
The Warren County School District holds pre-school to grade twelve, and consists of one elementary school, a middle school, and a high school. The district has 70 full-time teachers and over 894 students.