"A Peach of a Place"
Location in Meriwether County and the state of Georgia
Woodbury is one of the oldest towns in Meriwether County. It grew up about ten miles southeast of Greenville in the late 1820s. It was first named Sandtown for the white sand that covered the ground. When the post office opened in 1845, the PO department changed the name to Woodberry. By 1854, the spelling was officially changed to Woodbury. The small town of Woodbury hit a growth spurt in 1887 when the railroad laid its tracks and made its mark. Around the start of the 20th century, Woodbury had tremendous growth with schools, churches, and businesses serving the many new residents.
Woodbury is located at (32.980588, -84.580979).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 2.0 square miles (5.2 km²), of which, 2.0 square miles (5.2 km²) of it is land and 0.50% is water.