Hargill is a census-designated place (CDP) in Hidalgo County, Texas, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, it had a population of 877.
Hargill is part of the McAllen–Edinburg–Mission Metropolitan Statistical Area.
The community's history dates back to the early 1900s. At that time, the Missouri Texas Land and Irrigation Company owned approximately 60,000 acres (240 km2) of land, including the area that would later become Hargill. Two businessmen, William Apsey Harding and Samuel Lamar Gill, formed a partnership known as the Harding-Gill Company in 1916 for the purpose of developing the land. The name Hargill originated from the last names of the two men. In 1920, school was constructed in the community. A post office opened in 1924 and a railroad station was established in 1926. By 1930, Hargill had an estimated population of 400 with several stores and three churches. The number of residents grew to 450 by the late 1940s. Hargill's population declined to approximately 100 in the mid-1960s, but steadily grew during the remainder of the twentieth century. In 1990, the population exceeded 1,300 and remained at that level in 2000.