Location of Ladonia, Texas
|Coordinates: 33°25′46″N 95°56′48″W|
Ladonia is a town in Fannin County, Texas, United States. The population was 612 at the 2010 census.
The area was first settled around 1840. Originally called McCownville, its name was changed to Ladonia in 1857, supposedly in honor of A. T. Donitz. Its population grew late in the 19th century when the Gulf Colorado Santa Fe Railroad went through Ladonia, making it a shipping point for corn, cotton, and grain crops. Because of this, the population increased rapidly to 1,500 in the 1890s and peaked at over 2,000 by the turn of the 20th century. However, Ladonia suffered during the Great Depression. At a population of 1,199 thereafter, it never recovered but continued to decrease in population, falling to a low of 658 in 1990.This number did, however, increase ever so slightly to 667 in 2000, then to 691 before the end of the next decade.