|Landrum, South Carolina|
Location of Landrum, South Carolina
The Landrum area was settled around 1760 by homesteaders from Pennsylvania, Maryland and Virginia. There, they built a fort approximately two miles from the current City of Landrum. The town of Landrum was founded in 1880 after the railroad was extended north from Spartanburg and named after John Landrum who gave the land for construction of the local depot. Landrum was incorporated as a town three years later. In 1973 it was made into a city.
Landrum is located at (35.175326, -82.186036).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 2.3 square miles (6.0 km2), of which 0.43% is water.