Lasara is a census-designated place (CDP) in Willacy County, Texas, United States. The population was 1,024 at the 2000 census.
Lasara was named after Laura Harding and Sarah Gill, the wives of German settlers William Harding and Lamar Gill.
Location of Lasara, Texas
|Coordinates: 26°27′56″N 97°54′43″W|
Lasara is within the Lasara Independent School District (Pre-K through 12). Lasara LSD was approved on March 18, 1925.
In addition, South Texas Independent School District operates magnet schools that serve Lasara and many surrounding communities.