Lenapah is a town in north central Nowata County, Oklahoma, United States, eleven miles north of Nowata and sixty two miles northeast of Tulsa. Its name is an adaptation of Lenape, the name of a Delaware Tribe of Indians tribe. The population was 293 at the 2010 census, a 1.7 percent decrease from 298 at the 2000 census.
Location of Lenapah, Oklahoma
The town is primarily an agricultural community. The Kansas and Arkansas Valley Railway, now part of the Missouri Pacific system, established a depot at Lenapah in 1889, and a post office opened in the following year. There were 154 residents in the 1900 census, and 331 at statehood in 1907. The highest population was 434 at the 1920 census.
Oil and natural gas were discovered nearby after the start of the 20th Century. Although this activity did not contribute much to the town's growth, it resulted in piping gas to Lenapah's homes and businesses.
Lenapah is located at (36.851617, -95.636572).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.4 square miles (1.0 km2), all of it land.