Lingleville is an unincorporated community in located in Erath County, Texas, United States. Lingleville is located at the intersection of Farm Road 8 and Farm Road 219 ten miles west of Stephenville in west central Erath County.
In 1884 R. P. Campbell opened a grocery store in his house in the hollow below what is now the townsite. Before a post office was established there, the community was called Needmore. It was renamed to honor John Lingle, who had settled there in 1874. In 1940 the town had the post office, four businesses, and 200 residents. In 1980 through 2000 its population was reported as 100.
The Lingleville Independent School District serves area students and home to the Lingleville High School Cardinals.