Lithia Springs is a census-designated place and unincorporated area, formerly incorporated as a city, located in northeastern Douglas County, Georgia, United States. As of the 2010 census, the community had a total populationof 15,491. The city is named for its historic Lithia Springs (lithia water) springs.
Incorporated in 1882, Lithia Springs was dissolved the first time in 1933. Lithia Springs became incorporated again in 1994, only to be Douglas County's second completely internal municipality for seven years, until 2001.
In 2001, the citizens voted (80% yea, 20% nay) on March 20 to dissolve the city charter and de-incorporate the city, transferring all assets to the county. The referendum that ended the town was part of the settlement in a lawsuit brought by city residents charging the city should be dissolved because it didn't deliver enough services to justify its existence under state law. During its incorporation until 2001, the former city had five mayors.
Its former boundaries are the Cobb County Line to the North and East, Skyview Drive to the South, and U.S. Highway 78 and Old Beulah Rd to the west.
Some of the incorporated limits of Douglasville, Georgia occupy some of the territory within Lithia Springs, along Interstate 20, Blair Bridge Road, Lee Road and Thornton Road.
Lithia Springs is assigned the United States Postal Service zip code of 30122.
|Lithia Springs, Georgia|
|Unincorporated community & Census-designated place|
Location in Douglas County and the state of Georgia
Lithia Springs is home to five schools operated by the Douglas County School System.