Marland is a town in Noble County, Oklahoma, United States. The population was 225 at the 2010 census. It was named for Ernest W. Marland, an oilman from nearby Ponca City who later became a governor of Oklahoma.
Location of Marland, Oklahoma
Marland began as a community named "Bliss," a shipping point on the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway (often called simply the Santa Fe). The surrounding countryside, formerly part of the Ponca reservation, had been leased for cattle grazing and was part of the Miller Brothers 101 Ranch. The brothers built stockyards adjacent to the railroad on the south side of their ranch for shipping cattle. A community began forming nearby, with grain elevator, a lumber yard and a general store. The Millers platted a town on the east side of the tracks in 1906 and began selling lots
In 1917, the Millers decided to move the town to the other side of the tracks, about 1 mile (1.6 km) north. The population continued to grow, reaching 250 residents.
Marland is located at United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.3 square miles (0.78 km2), all of it land. (36.560363, -97.151777). According to the