Millsap is a town in Parker County, Texas, United States. Its population was 383 at the 2010 census.
Location of Millsap, Texas
|Coordinates: 32°44′47″N 98°0′35″W|
Originally, Millsap was established as a relay station on the stagecoach route that ran from Weatherford to Palo Pinto. The town was named for Fuller Millsap, who moved to Texas in 1849 and to Parker County in 1856. A Millsap post office opened in 1877.
In 1880, the tracks of the Texas and Pacific Railway arrived. By the 1890s, Millsap was serving area farmers as a retail and shipping point. Within a decade the town had a bank, more than a dozen other businesses, three churches, a ten-grade educational institution called Millsap College, and a weekly newspaper, the Millsap News. The community population increased from an estimated 100 in 1890 to 800 in 1920.
Following World War II, however, Millsap declined, reaching a low of 261 by 1968. In 1988, 412 residents were reported, and in 1990 an estimated 485 residents lived there. By 2000 the population dropped to 353.