Location of Kremlin, Oklahoma
The community now known as Kremlin was once called Wild Horse," The Chisholm Trail passed within a quarter mile of the community. The Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railway (Rock Island) built a line through the area in 1889. The opening of the Cherokee Outlet for settlement in 1889, led to a flood of settlers. Among them were a group of farmers of German descent from Russia. They brought seeds of winter-hardy Russian wheat that became the major farm crop in this area. The town was renamed in their honor.
Kremlin is located at (36.547642, -97.832236). It is 3 miles (4.8 km) south of the Grant-Garfield county line.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.2 square miles (0.52 km2), all of it land.