|Motto: Working hard as a community|
Location of Lindsay, Oklahoma
Lindsay was founded in January 1902, when the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe and theChicago, Rock Island and Pacific railroad companies linked their lines halfway betweenChickasha and Pauls Valley. Lindsay was named after Lewis Lindsay, a local area farmer that donated 440 acres of land for the townsite.
Lindsay Public Schools provide schooling from kindergarten through high school. Lindsay is home to the 2A state champion Pride of Lindsay Marching Band.