Ringling is a town in Jefferson County, Oklahoma, United States. The population was 1,037 at the 2010 census, a loss from 1,135 at the 2000 census. It was named for John Ringling, the founder of the Ringling Brothers Circus.
Location of Ringling, Oklahoma
John Ringling and a partner, Jake Hamon, financed construction of the Oklahoma, New Mexico and Pacific Railway in 1913 to provide transportation to farmers and ranchers between Ardmore and Lawton. Construction began on May 1, 1913 at Ardmore and progressed westward. Oil was discovered in the Healdton field in August, 1913. Seeing an opportunity to make big money in the oil business, Ringling and Hamon decided to divert the railroad toward Healdton, 10 miles (16 km) northeast of the town site. A post office was established during June, 1914.
Ringling is located at (34.178094, -97.593182). It is 25 miles (40 km) east of Waurika and 27 miles (43 km) west of Ardmore.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.8 square miles (2.1 km2), all of it land.