Established in 1903, the City of Spencer is a historic community located just east of the North Canadian River.Spencer is approximately ten miles from downtown Oklahoma City and borders the City of Nicoma Park to the east and the City of Midwest City to the south.
Contributing to the cultural fabric of Spencer are the Spencer Chamber of Commerce, the Spencer Garden Club, and the Spencer Historical Society.
Location in Oklahoma County and the state of Oklahoma.
The region where Spencer was developed was opened to settlement in the Land Run of 1889. Louis F. and Henry W. Kramer, businessmen originally from Spencer County, Indiana, who first arrived in Guthrie in 1889 and then to Oklahoma City.
Originally an agricultural area, Spencer grew after World War II with the nearby General Motors Assembly Plant and Tinker Air Force Base offering employment.
Spencer is located at
35°30′28″N 97°22′14″W (35.507760, -97.370662).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 5.3 square miles (14 km2), all of it land.