Warner is a town in Muskogee County, Oklahoma, United States. The population was 1,641 at the 2010 census, an increase of 14.8 percent from 1,430 at the 2000 census. The town is home to one of the two Connors State College campuses.
Location of Warner, Oklahoma
The present town of Warner was formed from two communities, Bennett and Hereford, that formerly existed in the southern part of the Cherokee Nation's Canadian District. Bennett, about 3 miles (4.8 km) southeast of Warner, had a post office between 1895 and 1904.Hereford was located on the site of present day Warner. It was established in 1903 and renamed Warner in 1905. The name Warner was chosen to honor U.S. Sen. William Warner of Missouri.
Connors State Agricultural College was founded in Warner in 1908. A second campus in Muskogee was added later. The school was renamed Connors State College in 2001. It is now the town's largest employer.
Warner is located at (35.494085, -95.308179).It is 20 miles (32 km) south of Muskogee on U. S. Highway 64.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 1.3 square miles (3.4 km2), all land.