Are you in search of the perfect house to call home in Riverside? There are many real estate agents in Riverside with the expertise and knowledge about the Riverside real estate market and they can get you in your new home. With home prices stabilizing in the city of Riverside, first time home buyers can take advantage of equitable home prices and also the tax credit made available through government programs.
The average listing price for Riverside homes for sale on Trulia was $279,264 for the week ending Mar 10, which represents a decline of 0.3%, or $845, compared to the prior week and a decline of 6.1%, or $18,139, compared to the week ending Feb 17. Average price per square foot for Riverside CA was $130, a decrease of 1.5% compared to the same period last year. Popular neighborhoods in Riverside include Canyon Crest, La Sierra, Orangecrest, Magnolia Center, La Sierra South, and Arlington. In the span of five years, home price values fell by 44.3% in the Riverside community but the Riverside real estate market is showing signs of a recovery.
When you are in the market to buy or sell a home, it is important to find the best real estate agent in Riverside that can help you. It is always best to ask the right questions before deciding to hire the real estate agent that will make the perfect fit. The best real estate agents in Riverside are the ones that are established in the business and have a good reputation, plus, they ask you questions such as your motivation for buying or selling a home. But to help you, here are a few questions you need to ask a real estate agent before you hire one:
- How long have you been in business? Having an experienced real estate agent is valuable in today's ever changing real estate market with new laws and programs available to you, it is best to work with a real estate agent with the knowledge about the market. Ask not only how long they have been licensed as a real estate agent but also how many years they have been servicing the local market for which you would buy your home.
- What is your average List Price to Sales Price Ratio? For sellers, this is the ratio that compares list price to the actual sales price the home got sold. For buyers, you have to look for a ratio lower than 100% which means that the real estate agent is able to negotiate a sales price that is lower than the listing price of the property.
- Do you have a strategy or marketing plan? For home buyers, you'd like a real estate agent that knows how to search for your new home, do they have current listings, how many buyers will be competing, how they handle multiple offers, will they offer choices, and do they work to present the offers themselves. Some even work with established home loan lenders and mortgage companies that are abreast with the best practices in obtaining the best loans for qualified buyers. For home sellers, it is important to know how the real estate agent will sell your home, what campaigns such as direct mail, advertising, and even online website visibility they can put to the table.
- Can you provide client references? Reputable real estate agents in Riverside can provide you with a list of client references that you can even request to call. Remember that in buying a home, being one of your most important financial decision, it is always important to know that you are dealing with a reputable trustworthy real estate agent.
- What makes you unique from your competition? Working with a real estate agent involves the chemistry of human relations. So being a relative factor, you should choose the real estate agent that suits your needs and even your personality. Choose the one that fits your objective criteria but also your subjective criteria, meaning, the one that gives you the most positive vibration showing honesty, kindness, and friendliness, at the same time, analytical with a good sense of humor. A real estate agent with a positive outlook in life is one that does not whine and crack under pressure.
- Do you work transparently and allow a review of documents before signing? Before signing any documents you should have ample time to review them. For buyers, you should ask for copies of Broker Agreement, Agency Disclosures, Purchase Agreement, and Buyer Disclosures. For sellers, you should see the Agency Disclosure, Listing Agreement, and Seller Disclosures.
- Can you help me find other professionals? Many real estate agent work with mortgage brokers, home inspectors, appraisers, and title companies. Ask them what their relationship is with these companies and what criteria they have for working with them as well as the associated costs you may incur as premium for the attached services they will be providing.
- How much fee do you charge for the transaction? All fees are negotiable in the real estate market today. The typical agent charges a percentage fee of up to 4% for one side of the transaction. Usually, the listing agent gets 7% which is 3.5% for them and another 3.5% from the buyer's agent.
- Do you provide any guarantees? This is an important clause to any agreement that in any case you are not happy you can cancel the agreement and decide to hire another real estate agent. An example can be a provision that your provided with a timeframe or minimum number of offers.
- Can you give me any other insights or things I need to know buying/selling a home? The best real estate agent to work with is someone that can make you feel assured and comfortable at the same time possesses the knowledge. Look for someone with the willingness to take time with you in explaining what you ask.
Here is a feature list of Real Estate Agents in Riverside, CA:
- M & M Empire Financial
- Sale by Sal Estate Sales
- Coast & Country Real Estate
- Riverside Real Estate
- San Bernardino Real Estate -Debbie Noama
- Frazier Group Real Estate
- Alma Dizon - Riverside California Real Estate
- Icom Real Estate & Loans
- Prime Real Estate Strategies Inc
- Matchett & Matchett Real Estate