Communication is the life line for any business today. The ease of communication has shrunk the world literally within the border of the internet.
VoIP is an acronym which stands for voice over internet protocol. It is a methodology that delivers voice communication over the network or the internet. VoIP is also called internet telephony, broadband phone service.
VoIP business phone services have become an integral aspect for the success of any business. Traditional phone lines are probably still the preferred mode of business communication though in most cases IP telephony has taken over for its rich features and advantages it offers to your business which maybe big or small.
Why VoIP Business Phone Services is Essential for Business Today?
- The success of a business depends on cutting operational costs. When you use VoIP over the traditional phone line, your calling costs are cut significantly. When you speak regularly overseas, you are paying the rate of per minute talking. There are technical disturbances where you cannot hear or the other party cannot hear you, call may get disconnected or you amy not get through at all. With VoIP you can save almost 40% on local calls and about 90% on international calls that too with excellent voice quality and sound reliability
- Host conference via VoIP and save the cost of travel and boarding for the participants. You can easily make conference call which maybe audio calls or video calls
- The cost of underlying hardware, cables and instruments are cut when you switch from traditional phone lines to VoIP. All you need is a good internet connection, a computer, headphones with microphone and a sound card to connect with offices all across the globe. The software you can use is free software like skype or net2phone. Pay extra and get additional features
- Call screening is one handy feature offered by VoIP in the business world. Check the number on the caller ID and decide if you want to answer it your cell phone or not to answer that caller at all
- Other features like voicemail, virtual numbers, contact lists, caller ID, follow me are offered which are better than traditional phone lines. The VoIP call routing ensures that you don’t miss any important call. You can opt for ‘find me routing’ where the call is transferred to several of your numbers before going into voicemail
Lower your communication costs, increase your productivity with the potential benefits that VoIP offers. You also have the option to temporarily stop incoming calls if you are at a lunch, or meeting or conference. You donot ignore the caller but divert the call to voicemail which you can access and revert later. Whether you are at your office desk or internet café, on the road, never miss an important business call. Your phone travels with literally everywhere (when you opt for VoIP business phone services) when there is availability of data network.