Roaring Springs is a town in Motley County, Texas, United States. The population was 265 at the 2000 census.
Roaring Springs was originally an Indian campground. At the time of the recapture of Cynthia Ann Parker in Foard County, Roaring Springs was the main Comanche outpost. It was known for the purity of it water. In 1912, the community was laid out in the anticipation of service from the Quanah, Acme and Pacific Railway, operated by Samuel Lazarus (1855-1926). The name "Roaring Springs" was adopted in 1913, when the railroad initiated service. A brick depot was soon established at the end of Broadway Street and handled passenger and freight traffic until 1971. The next year the depot was purchased by the town.
Veterans Monument in Roaring Springs
Location of Roaring Springs, Texas
|Coordinates: 33°54′3″N 100°51′28″W|
Roaring Springs is located at (33.900716, -100.857640).According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 1.1 square miles (2.8 km2), all of it land.
The Town of Roaring Springs is served by the Motley County Independent School District.