The community's largest event is an annual Rush Springs Watermelon Festival, that attracts about 30,000 people each year, who consume about 50,000 pounds of watermelon.
|Rush Springs, Oklahoma|
Location of Rush Springs, Oklahoma
The Wichita tribe placed a village four miles southeast of the modern-day town of Rush Springs in the mid-1800s. The town was incorporated on November 21, 1898.
A Civilian Conservation Corps project was located on the east side of Rush Springs. Young men were paid to construct terraces and ponds and to restore vegetation by replanting trees. The project camp was opened June 18, 1933, and closed July 20, 1942.
Rush Springs is located at
34°46′55″N 97°57′20″W (34.781989, -97.955610).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 1.1 square miles (2.8 km2), all of it land.