San Augustine is the county seat city of San Augustine County, Texas, in East Texas, United States. The population was 2,108 at the 2010 census.
Hail Blount House
Location of San Augustine, Texas
|Coordinates: 31°31′52″N 94°6′39″W|
The town began in 1832 with land owned by Thomas S. McFarland. The town was named after the Presidio de San Agustín de Ahumada, which had been named in honor of the (1755-1760) Viceroy of New Spain, Don Agustín de Ahumada y Villalón.
San Augustine is located at (31.531086, -94.110971).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 4.8 square miles (12 km2), of which 4.7 square miles (12 km2) is land and 0.1 square miles (0.26 km2) (2.08%) is water.
The city of San Augustine is served by the San Augustine Independent School District.