Location of Shattuck, Oklahoma
Shattuck is located in what was once the Cherokee Outlet. The Southern Kansas Railway built a railroad through the area in 1887, and there was a railroad water station called Norice on the site that later became Shattuck,Non-Indian settlers first arrived in the Land Run of 1893.Around the railroad station, new businesses opened to support the farmers, including a blacksmith shop, a store, a school, and a post office.The post office, which was incorporated in November 1893, was named Shattuck after a Santa Fe railroad director. The town site was plotted 1901, and the town was incorporated in 1906.
Shattuck is located at
36°16′21″N 99°52′34″W (36.272596, -99.876217).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 1.5 square miles (3.9 km2), all of it land.