Location within Creek County, and the state of Oklahoma
Slick began as an oil boom town in 1920, and was named for oilman Thomas B. Slick, who drilled a discovery well nearby. During the 1920s, the town had an estimated population of five thousand. However, by 1930, the first time the town appeared in the U.S. census, the population was only 422. It has declined until 1950. All of its employed citizens commute to work in Bristow Sapulpa and Tulsa.
Slick is located at .
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.4 square miles (1.0 km2), all of it land.