|Ruby, South Carolina|
|Nickname(s): Jewel City|
Location of Ruby, South Carolina
Originally named "Flint Hill", Ruby was first settled in 1875. As with other nearby towns, they didn't develop until the railroad was constructed through town. The Cheraw & Lancaster Railroad arrived in 1902, and Ruby incorporated the same year.
Ruby has annual celebrations: the Jewel City Jubilee and the Fourth of July Parade and Fireworks.
Ruby is located in northern Chesterfield County at South Carolina Highway 9 passes through the town, leading east 6 miles (10 km) to Chesterfield, the county seat, and northwest 3 miles (5 km) to Mount Croghan. South Carolina Highway 109 travels west with SC 9 to Mount Croghan and goes south from Ruby 8 miles (13 km) to its terminus at Campbell Crossroads. (34.745626, -80.175903).
According to the United States Census Bureau, Ruby has a total area of 2.5 square miles (6.4 km2), all of it land.