Sutherland Springs is an unincorporated community located on the old Spanish land grant of Manuel Tarin in northern Wilson County,Texas, United States. It is on U.S. Highway 87 at the intersection with Farm Road 539, about 21 miles east of Downtown San Antonio. Old Sutherland Springs occupies a portion of the South bank of the Cibolo Creek, with New Sutherland Springs (which is mostly in ruins) on the north bank of the Cibolo Creek.
Sutherland Springs was a popular tourist spot in late 19th and early 20th century. The hotel Sutherland was a 52-room hotel with modern amenities such as the latest toilets, running water and even its own electrical generator in 1910.