|Town of Terral|
Location of Terral, Oklahoma
"Terral was founded in 1892 by John Heidelburg Dace Terral, a Texan who leased the land from a Chickasaw woman, Emily Colbert Fleetwood, He and Hugh Schoolfield platted the townsite and began selling lots in May 1892. A post office was established August 8, 1892, with Terral himself serving as the first postmaster.
The town has remained an agricultural community since its foundings. The most important crops are watermelons, cantaloupes and cotton. Cattle and hog raising are also important. Livestock are usually sold in Fort Worth, Texas, which is only 90 miles (140 km) from Terral. The town began celebrating an annual Terral Watermelon Jubilee in July, 1965.
Terral is located at
33°53′46″N 97°56′15″W (33.896235, -97.937538). It is 20 miles (32 km) south of Waurika and 1 mile (1.6 km) north of the Red River
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.4 square miles (1.0 km2), all of it land.