Cedar Creek is an unincorporated community located 11 miles west of Bastrop in Bastrop County, Texas, at the intersection of Texas State Highway 21 and Farm to Market Road 535. Although it is unincorporated, Cedar Creek has a post office, with a ZIP code of 78612. The community takes its name from a tributary of the Colorado River named Cedar Creek.
The 405-acre Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort is located in Lost Pines.
Students in the Cedar Creek area attend Cedar Creek Elementary School, Cedar Creek Intermediate School, Cedar Creek Middle school, andCedar Creek High School. All Cedar Creek schools are within the Bastrop Independent School District.
Cedar Creek County Park was dedicated in 2008. The 46 acre park is Bastrop County's first county park. The park features fields for football, soccer, and baseball, courts for basketball and sand volleyball, a playscape, nature trails, historic sites, picnic tables and a butterfly garden.
In 1832, Addison and Mary Owen Litton and others settled the area around where the Old San Antonio Road crossed Cedar Creek. A road from Austin to the Gulf of Mexico was laid out through Bastrop County near Cedar Creek in 1837. In 1842, the Methodist church became an important part of the community. Other churches followed, including a Presbyterian church in 1855. The first school was established in 1849. In 1852, a post office opened. In the 1883, a teacher-training school opened. By the late 1880s, the population dropped to 250. From the 1910s through the 1940s, oil played a part of the local economy and the population reached 300. In 2000, the population was 200.