Fort Davis is a census-designated place (CDP) in Jeff Davis County,Texas, United States. The population was 1,050 at the 2000 census and 1,041 according to a 2007 estimate. It is the county seat of Jeff Davis County. It was the site of Fort Davis established in 1854 on the San Antonio-El Paso Road through west Texas and named after Jefferson Davis, who was then the Secretary of War under President Franklin Pierce.
Fort Davis is served by the Fort Davis Independent School District.