Oilton is a census-designated place (CDP) in Webb County, Texas, United States. The population was 310 at the 2000 census. The community is within the boundary of Webb Consolidated Independent School District and it is home to the Oilton Elementary School.
Location of Oilton, Texas
|Coordinates: 27°28′8″N 98°58′33″W|
Oilton is located 32 miles east of Laredo, Texas. It was originally called Torrecillas "Towers" for two limestone formations nearby. In 1922 the name was changed because in the same year oil was discovered near the town which also caused it to grow.
Oilton is located at (27.468979, -98.975739).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 0.8 square miles (2.2 km²), all of it land.