Pierce is an unincorporated community in Wharton County in the U.S. state of Texas. The community is located along U.S. Highway 59 in central Wharton County, between El Campo and Wharton. The town is named for Abel Head "Shanghai" Pierce an influential cattleman.
|Coordinates: 29°14′21″N 96°12′00″W|
Pierce is situated at . Although it is unincorporated, Pierce has a post office, with the ZIP code of 77467. According to the Handbook of Texas, the community had an estimated population of 49 in 2000.
In 1895 the name of the town was shortened to Pierce from its original name, Pierce's Station.
The small US Post Office is on Pierce Street.
This church is on Loop 526 in Pierce.
An historic marker stands at the site of a former hotel.
Public education in the community of Pierce is provided by the El Campo Independent School District and Wharton Independent School District.