Ringgold is an unincorporated community in Montague County, Texas, United States, with an estimated population of 100 people. It is located approximately 20 miles northwest of Montague, the county seat.
The town's major industry is cattle ranching.
The area around Ringgold was first settled in 1892, when a land owner began selling parcels in the area where the Rock Island Line railroad built a line. The town was first named Harrisonia after the land owner, Joe Harris, but he renamed itRinggold after his wife's family. A post office was established the same year.
As an intersection of rail lines, Ringgold became a market town for the immediate area, and it reached its highest population of around 400 in the mid-1920s.
On January 1, 2006, about half of the town was destroyed by a wildfire which burned 32 homes. The event prompted much Dallas/Fort Worth area media coverage.