Scotland is a city in Archer County in the U.S. state of Texas. It is part of the Wichita Falls, Texas Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 501 at the 2010 census. The town is named for its founder, Henry J. Scott.
The historic 11-room J.H. Meurer House, with a wrap-around porch, is located in Scotland. Constructed in 1911, it was a residence for Roman Catholic priests.
J.H. Meurer House for Roman Catholic priests
Location of Scotland, Texas
|Coordinates: 33°38′32″N 98°26′54″W|
Scotland is located in eastern Archer County at (33.642195, -98.448340), south of the Little Wichita River. The city limits extend east as far as Lake Arrowhead, a reservoir on the Little Wichita. U.S. Route 281 passes through the city, leading north 18 miles (29 km) to Wichita Falls and south 40 miles (64 km) to Jacksboro.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 8.0 square miles (20.8 km2), of which 7.9 square miles (20.4 km2) is land and 0.12 square miles (0.3 km2), or 1.63%, is water.
Almost all of Scotland is a part of the Archer City Independent School District.
Small fringe portions are within the Windthorst Independent School District and the Henrietta Independent School District.