Post Office in Vera (2014)
Originally known as Evans, the town was renamed Vera in November 1899 and incorporated in 1904 Vera lies seven miles southeast of Ramona and two miles east of U.S. Highway 75. Vera started out as a farming community with the main crop being corn and hay. Lining the railroad track east of town were hay barns and a grain elevator. After many bountiful harvests of the local prairie hay Vera earned the nickname "the Hay Capital of the World." .
Vera is located at United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.2 square miles (0.52 km2), all of it land. (36.448946, -95.880248). According to the