Location of Waurika, Oklahoma
Waurika was settled after the Comanche, Kiowa, and Apache Reservation was opened to non-Indians on August 6, 1901. The first sale of town lots was held on June 18, 1902. Nearly three thousand people attended the sale. Waurika was incorporated in May 1903.
Waurika is located at (34.170130, -98.001268). It is about 106 miles (171 km) southwest of Oklahoma City.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 11.8 square miles (31 km2), of which, 11.8 square miles (31 km2) of it is land and 0.08% is water. Waurika Lake is about 4 miles (6.4 km) northwest of the town.
Waurika Lake is 4 miles (6.4 km) northwest of the city.